You have dreamed of this moment ever since you were a child. Now that the time has finally come, of course you would want everything to be as perfect as possible. However, it is important to know that having an extraordinary wedding is not that easy, as there is a multitude of things to consider and keep in mind.
One of the foremost things that you have to take care of is the decoration of the venue of ceremony. If you and your spouse have decided to hold the wedding ceremony in a church, then you have to decorate it in such a way that it would have a unique and special touch that is distinct to your wedding. Here are some tips on how to decorate the church for your wedding day.
First Things First
- Inquire about your options – Before you do any decoration planning, you must first visit the church where you intend to get married and talk to the administrator so you will have an idea on what kinds of decoration are allowed.
- Take note of important details about the venue – Take photos of the parts of the church and jot down essential information such as dimensions of the venue, number of church pews, size of the altar, and so on. This way, decoration planning would be much easier.
The Drawing Board
- Set a budget – The budget is always a good place to start with the decoration planning, as some brides have the tendency to be carried way with the expenses. Allocate funds for different aspects of the wedding decoration such as the altar, pews, flowers, and aisle.
- Decide on a unifying theme – The motif color of your wedding should be the color guide for the decoration. You may use other colors as well but be sure that they complement the motif color. As for the style of the decoration, it is best to follow the architectural style of the church.
- Find a church decorator – For best results, you may want to consider hiring a church decorator for ideas, suggestions, and advice.
The Actual Process
- Start with the altar – The altar will be the focal point of the whole ceremony so it is best that you reserve for this part the most elaborate and most gorgeous pieces of decoration. One of the best ways to decorate the altar is to adorn it with fresh flowers and beautiful candles. Of course, be careful not to over-do it because you would not want to get married in a forest of flowers or risk a fire hazard with too many candles.
- Choose an aisle runner – The aisle runner is another important factor since this is where you would walk down. Aisle runners come in various colors but it is ideal to coordinate the color of the aisle runner to the bridal bouquet or the motif color of the wedding. You and your partner may also choose to have a custom-made aisle runner that bears your initials, your names, or your favorite love phrase. To complete the look, you can sprinkle some flower petals along the runner.
- Decorate the pews – Make the church pews look gorgeous and elegant with floral bouquets, bows, or tulle.
- Dress the other areas – For the entryway, some of your options include fresh floral arrangement, a floral wreath decoration (on the door), nice potted plants, pomander balls, tulle, and balloons. Balloons can also be used to fill up the ceiling with colors. This kind of decoration is ideal for churches with high ceilings.
- Light up the church – As for the lighting, you can use candles to create a romantic glow and dreamy atmosphere. You can also utilize LED lights, which are fantastic to use for illuminating a floral centerpiece.
Creating a memorable church wedding decoration may be challenging and demanding, but once you walk down the aisle and you see the wonderful fruits of your labor, you would know that all your efforts are worth it.