Weddings can surely bring tears to people’s eyes. It is one moving and inspiring event that makes us want to cry. When we see the bride walking down the aisle, we cannot help but reach for our handkerchief and dab the tears welling up in the corner of our eyes. When the father of the bride and the bride dance together or when the mother of the groom makes a speech, any spectator can easily be touched.
But weddings are not all about weeping. Many modern couples want to incite laughter as well. This can be achieved with the use of humorous wedding accessories that can make your guests laugh out loud. Here are some examples of this kind of wedding accessory.
Funny Fashion Apparel
1. T-shirts – Make a statement with t-shirts with printed funny texts. These shirts are ideal to use during the engagement party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, or bachelor’s (or bachelorette’s) party. To have this kind of shirts, you can buy wedding transfer iron on sheets that are available in many online wedding apparel stores.
• “The Bride is Mine” t-shirt
• “I Survived my Stag” t-shirt
• “I Stand Up For Brides” t-shirt
• “It’s all about Me” t-shirt
2. Flipflops – The pair of black and white “Just Married” sandals is the perfect footwear for the couple getting married at the beach or those who have tropical or Hawaiian themed wedding. The nice thing about this pair of flip flops is that it leaves the words “Just Married” imprinted on the sand when you walk on it.
3. Hats – Couples can be playful with the choice of hats they use for the wedding day or any party or gathering relevant to this occasion. The Brushed Cotton Twill Crusher Hat, Wedding Party Denim Crusher Hats, Bride & Groom Cowboy Hats, and the “Bride” Angora Down Brim Hat are just few of the many funny options that the couple can use as head wear.
Comical Wedding Décor and Favors
1. Table napkin – There are stylized personalized napkins available in various online wedding stores. You can have your initials printed on them or have a funny quote like “We are tying the knot (around our necks!)” or “Here comes the bridezilla, all dressed in white!” Of course, when choosing comical quips to put on the napkin, check with your partner if he or she is up to it, as you would not want to offend anyone with the text prints on the table napkin.
2. Cake toppers – In lieu of the tradition wedding cake topper, funny cake toppers are making their way to the hearts of many couples. Some of the funniest cake toppers we have seen include:
• “Princess Bride Kissing Frog Prince” cake topper
• “Cell Phone Fanatic Bride and Groom” cake topper
• “Golf Fanatic Groom Mix and Match” cake topper
• “Still Shopping Message Mix and Match” cake topper
• “Western Lasso Interchangeable” cake topper
• “Love Pinch Bridal Couple” cake topper
3. Wedding favors – Give away a memento that will not only serve as a souvenir for your wedding but also something that can elicit laughter from your guests.
• Novelty Popcorn Carton (with prints like “He popped the question” or “Topped with love”)
• “Sole mates” mini shoe polisher
• “We clicked” mouse pad
• “Love is cool” heart shaped mint candies
These humorous wedding accessories can surely turn your wedding day into a fun event that people will surely remember for a lifetime.
Source: Nina Lampe is a blogger for MyBeachFavors.com and she loves all things weddings, blogging, article writing, talking with brides and helping them prepare their wedding.