Music is probably the only thing in weddings that you cannot see or touch and yet it can make such a powerful impact on the overall event. In fact, the right choice in music can spell the difference between one that guests would dismiss as “just another wedding reception” and one that would truly captivate their attention and make them remember the big day for a very long time. This is why, it is imperative that couples do take the time to look for and hire live music bands that truly know the words, “awesome” and “entertaining.”
Here are some tips on how to do just that.
- Collect your options. Get recommendations from family and friends who have recently gotten married or attended weddings. Attend bridal shows where many wedding bands would showcase their musical talents. Try to remember the weddings you have attended before. If you remember any one in particular that had a musical band that you truly loved, contact the bride, and get the band’s contact details. Make a list and call up as many as you can.
- Request audio or video samples from the bands you are considering to hire. Be sure to consider the band’s musical style, if this is something that both you and your spouse-to-be would like. Think about the event as well and make sure that their music suits this. This is a good way to narrow down the options.
- Call up your top three choices and hear them play live. This is important as audio and video samples may differ from actual performances. This is also a good way to gauge the band’s personality and see if they are the type that would have rapport with the audience. As you know, a good musical band should be able to give life to the event. They should be fun and exciting to be able to draw the crowd into the cheerful celebration. You do not want to hire a band that would bore your guests.
- Talk to the band manager. Discuss matters such as schedule, list of songs, and price. Make sure that the band you hire is very well in your budget range. Overspending is not a good idea, since there are many bands out there that can sing and play exceptionally for a lower cost. Before signing any contract, read and understand everything to avoid problems in the future.
- Check the reception venue to ensure that it can accommodate the band’s equipment.
- Choose a band that has played in weddings before.
- Make sure that the band would arrive at the reception venue on time.
- Ask the band to dress up accordingly to the event.
- Pick a band that would be open to suggestions.
A good musical band is one of those things that can make or break your wedding event. After all, these people would provide ambient music and entertainment throughout the reception. For this reason, it is a big must that you pay attention to all the tips mentioned above so you can ensure that you hire a truly entertaining band that would be worth your time and money.